Monday 3 December 2012

Advent...Day 3...Christmas Stockings

When I was a child, a family member knitted me and my cousins Christmas stockings. I always loved mine and really wanted to get the kids the same.  I spent ages looking through websites for stockings that could be personalised for them but never found anything I liked.  After a couple of years, by pure chance, I stumbled across the pattern for the exact same stocking I had!!  It was so exciting that I purchased it straight away! But unfortunately I can't knit.  Which meant I had to call in the services of Lynda, who works with Bain to knit them for me.

So today, for our Advent Activity, we finally picked them up. So exciting to see them in real life and hang them on the mantel.  Phoebe of course, tried to put hers on her leg! Holly was very pleased to see hers, especially her name. Its so great for the kids to finally have these heirlooms!

The children's stockings on the left and my vintage version on the right.


Lynda and Phoebe


Phoebe with her stocking



Holly was pretty excited with her stocking

No comments:

Post a Comment