Monday 26 December 2011

25 December 2011

Day 25 - Christmas day

It's here!

And Santa came.  The kids were over the moon.  Each of them got a "Nice List Certificate" from Santa which Holly in particular was so proud of.

Holly with her "Nice List Certificate"

The loved all the presents from Santa.  They got a ridiculous amount.  Is it a sign that I take too many photos - each time Holly  pulled a present out of her Santa Sack she held it up for a photo!

 
Holly with one of her many presents
All the presents...we have some very lucky kids


We had a lovely day.  We started with Morning Tea with Bain's mother, auntie and sister & family.  This was nice and relaxing - a very casual affair.  We also got a lovely phone call from Bain's "long lost brother" in Australia - who we have only just met after several years -  very exciting but a whole other story.

The girls had great fun playing with their cousin Maddi. We were so lucky it was a beautiful day.


Maddi, Holly and Phoebe

We then had Christmas Dinner with my family.  We were lucky enough to have my Nan up from New Plymouth to celebrate with us.  Bain did a beautiful pork on the rotisserie and everyone else brought wonderful dishes.  Perhaps the highlight was my Dad's home made limoncello...in my home made ice cups.  So yummy!!


Poppa's Pantry - Limoncello

 One of the activities I had planned for the Advent Activities was to make homemade Christmas crackers.  Unfortunately with all the illness this idea went out the window.  So I ended up quickly making them myself at midnight on Christmas Eve...hence they look a bit rough. 

This is the second year I have made them.  I get so disappointed with the store bought ones I think it is nice to do your own.  They each had a Santa Hat, a small chocolate Santa, a scratchie lotto ticket (the kids had facecloths) and a joke.  The jokes were blonde jokes, and I changed them to the names of everyone at the dinner.  So everyone got a joke about themselves.   A bit lame I know, but it was funny at the time.


Bain, Nan, Mum, Georgie, John and Dad

The rough and ready Christmas crackers

So now it is over for another year....can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment