Monday 12 December 2011

12 December 2011

Day 12 - The Christmas Story

My rationale for doing my advent activities like this is so the kids get an understanding that Christmas isn't just about presents. Amongst other things it's about family and giving and appreciation of others etc.

Several months ago I purchased a Fisher Price Little People nativity set. I am a huge fan of the Little People. They are super cute and the kids seem to really enjoy them too.

So tonight I told the kids the Christmas story. A very basic version! I introduced a different piece of the nativity set as I told the story.

They loved it! They were so excited about the story and the pieces. I will have to do it again like that next year. And they played with it for ages afterwards.

It's now sitting nicely on the mantel...all pieces still there. So I am hoping that will last!

And I apologise for the last two days getting out of order....I can't work out how to change it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment