Thursday 1 December 2011

1 December 2011

The first day of December...Christmas is on its way. I love it!

I wanted to do something special for the kids this year.  Now they are getting a bit "older" I think they can understand more and should be made to realise Christmas is not just about presents.  Its a special time for family and friends and for appreciating how lucky we all are.

I decided to do an advent calender with a twist.  Each day...rather than opening a chocolate advent calender  etc we would do something special - Christmas related - something as a family.  (And OK, I am not that much of a Grinch so maybe there will be some chocolate!)

So here is Day One...







A board to count down the days.


I wrapped the board in recycled paper and tied with twine.  Pegged to the twine was the Day and also a vintage Christmas picture.  I have heaps of vintage pictures on my Pinterest Board http://pinterest.com/summertimeinnz/vintage-christmas/   I wanted the kids to use these pictures as a type of bunting to hang around the mantel....so the picture will be pegged on to twine on the mantel.

What should we do tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment