Tuesday 18 October 2011

Curious George Party

Phoebe turned 2 on Saturday!  How quickly those 2 years have gone but how fun they have been.  She is such a cheeky little monkey - she brings so much joy. 

She also loves Curious George - hence the theme of the party!

I had so much fun preparing for this party.  I enlisted the help of Holly (3) and we managed to get everything organised during Phoebe's nap times.  Holly was so proud of herself.  And it was so much fun to include her in the preparation.

A snapshot of the party...



We made the invitations into magnets - which makes it so much easier for guests to keep the details to hand.



I ordered Phoebe a handmade skirt from http://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicalDreamTouch  I found it really hard to get Curious George merchandise in NZ actually so most of my purchases were from overseas...or I had to hand make them.  I made the top for her just using an iron on transfer.



Holly loved the top we had made for Phoebe, so I made one for her and also for Hunter (2 months).  The tie is supposed to be the tie of "The Man with the Yellow Hat".  I actually ended up making these on the morning of the party.  In hindsight I wish I had made more of an effort with making yellow outfits for them...oh well.

I decorated the house with Curious George books and soft toys.  We had the Curious George movie playing in the background the whole time as well. 



Holly and I also made Happy Birthday Phoebe bunting each with pictures of George on them.  This was mostly Holly's efforts...good work Hol!



As well as red and yellow balloons, we hung inflatable monkeys around.  Very cool.



I made these wine charms using buttons from http://www.etsy.com/shop/BarefootWithButtons


We had an awesome cake made by Suzanne.  Banana of course!  It was spectacular!



I had to order most of my Curious George party supplies (napkins, plates etc) from http://www.prettypartyplace.com/.  The service from here was great - quickly delivered from the US.

The kids loot bags included Barrel of Monkeys game, Curious George stickers, Curious George sunglasses, Curious George bubbles and food goodies.



The adults favour bags were banana flavoured lollies.  On the back of the lolly labels I listed all the important historical events that occurred on Phoebe's birth date.

Phoebe had such a fun day playing with all her family!



She was shattered by the end of the party. 

Happy Birthday Phoebe!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment