Sunday 24 July 2011

A Wedding Present

My favourite website at the moment is www.felt.co.nz

I love the idea of being able to buy gifts and presents for people that have been hand made or specially commissioned.  I think it is so much more meaningful.

The first commission I ever made off the Felt site was from the Tinyeyes shop http://felt.co.nz/shop/tinyeyes

It was a portrait of Georgie and John for their engagement.  I was blown away with how cute it looked and how well it was done.  Dee certainly is a talented artist.  Georgie and John got engaged at Disneyland on the Peter Pan ride, hence the Mickey Mouse ears and the pirate ship in the background.  The flag flying from the pirate ship says "I love you" in Korean. 

For their first wedding in Korea , which they have just come back from, I wanted to get them something special to mark the occasion.  I got in touch with Dee from Tinyeyes again and commissioned her to make a doll of each of John and Georgie based on the painting.  This was the result....



Aren't they awesome!  Wouldn't it be cool to have your own personal doll - just like a movie star.  I can't say enough about how pleased I am with what Dee has done! 

And here is the happy couple...dolls and all....


No comments:

Post a Comment