Monday 25 July 2011

A new discovery

I have just discovered Ashore Fine Food & Wine  http://www.ashore.co.nz/

Actually I discovered it on Friday...and my goodies arrived the following day.  So quick and so exciting to open them.  I wish I had ordered more.  The service was great and I would recommend to all!!

I came across it by pure chance as I was googling recipes on Banoffee Pie.  They actually sell Mrs Bridges Banoffee Curd (unfortunately currently out of stock) but I can't wait to try it. They also have a shop in Birkenhead which I can't wait to go to  - as in the shop they sell the Denheath Custard Squares....yum!

I can't wait to use the new products I ordered....



Lirma Potato Gnocchi...I have a special bacon recipe lined up for this.

Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup...I have tried these before in champagne.  I actually bought them to use them for that purpose but they came with a delicious sounding apple martini recipe which I think I will try instead (after bubs arrives of course).

Casa Rinaldi Penne Nero Black Pasta...An impulse buy because black squid pasta just looks so cool!


And last but not least, my favourite - Coloured Farfalline Pasta Butterflies, which I am planning on turning into a pasta salad for Holly's birthday party.  I'm sure the kids will love these.  These were handmade in Italy using only natural dyes are used: beetroot, paprika, spinach, turmeric, squid ink.  I'm really excited about these.

I can't wait to get across the bridge to the store to have a real big spend up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment